I was amazed by a dish that had such few ingredients, but combined the unique flavors so well. I was thrilled as it epitomizes my kind of dish; few ingredients, non-fussy and simply delicious.
The hotness of pungent onions, the fresh burst of flavor from the fresh green peppers, the quirkiness of olives, the sourness and acidity from the ripe tomatoes and the sweetness and cooling from the cucumbers. Top it with some cubes of feta cheese, sprinkle some oregano, salt and pepper to enhance the taste of the fresh vegetables. Drizzle a tablespoon of EVOO to make it absolutely divine!
Pour yourself a glass of red wine and you have a great Sunday evening :-)

P.S: With some trepidation, I decided to manipulate the Greek salad. I cut a fresh juicy peach into 1/2 inch cubes and tossed it in the above salad and the result was amazing!
Wowwwwwieee! Reliving both the taste and the moment! :)
ReplyDelete