Later on when we lived together, I remember the brave girl who supported my Dad though his ups and downs. I remember her as the girl that learnt to communicate in English and adjust to city life in no time. I remember her as the girl that used to disappear out of sight when school grades were announced. I remember her as the teenage rebel that made every discussion memorable.
My sister has been with me through my thick and thin. Although, we have a nine year age difference, I can remember how she made me laugh, how she understood and responded to my moods, how she survived my experiments in the kitchen and never once complained.
The age difference doesn't matter anymore. We are just two good friends. I always feel better when I talk to her or even when we are on the phone, but not making significant conversation. I laugh more when I am with her than anyone else. Words don't need to be exchanged anymore, just glances. We react so similarly to quite a few stimuli and can read each other's minds. The past few years have been kind and we have seized multiple opportunities to meet and spend time together whether it be in Athens or Coorg or Jaipur, the visits are indeed memorable.
Happy Birthday, Li'l sis. I am glad you are in my life!
Hey, a touching write up! :) Proves the fact that you are a Saint to have overlooked all that I did and still see it as great resilience and virtue and what not I hold!! Come, on..I know our little secrets, how I used to paada paduthify and your own forgiving nature, well, isn't that obvious from your post. :) :)
ReplyDelete